Barry left us unexpectedly on June 8, 2010. In his 25 years of life, he brought so many wonderful memories to people around him.

A memorial service will be held on Thursday June 17 at 4:30pm, in the Gold Room of the Stanford Faculty Club. Please RSVP by completing the form here.

Directions to the Stanford Faculty Club can be found here.

If you would like to post an article here to share with us your memories about Barry, please follow the instructions below.

Email your message to:
barrychai1985.2010 [at] blogger.com
with the subject:
From [Your Name Here]
and include the text and images (up to 10MB in size) in the body of the email.

Your messages will help the family know Barry better as a beloved friend, a treasured classmate, and a trusted colleague.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

From: Dennis Lin 林育全

The shock and sorrow overwhelmed me when I was awoken by my mother, 王富美, and her early phone call. Knowing 邦邦 since kindergarten, my memories of him are as deeply ingrained in me as part of my own life. 邦邦 and I went to 經一幼稚園 together and the same Sesame Street English Academy. Because of that, our families became close friends, and this family friendship extended and strengthened as 邦邦 and his family immigrated to Canada. The two families even spent a short period of time living together under one roof before the Tsai family moved to White Rock. I still remember 邦邦 helping me mow the lawn under the scorching sun and 蔡爸爸's gift of a BBQ grill before moving. Although Barry and I pursued our own life journey ever since childhood, I will always remember how we enjoyed eating frozen yogurt after Sesame Street, and how our mothers took us to eat 水餃 across the street from the English academy on 文橫路. I will treasure these memories with me, and I send my deepest sympathy and condolences to 阿姨, 叔叔, and Monica.

 

 

林育全

1 comment:

  1. 育全,謝謝你.祝你在韓國一切平安喜樂. 蔡叔叔 上.

    ReplyDelete